No one should be without the essential resources, especially during these times.
See below for local resources in our area. Contact us if you need additional help accessing essential resources.
- Visit detroitmi.gov/covid-19 or covid313.org for a list of local resources
- Call 211 to ask about a range of services
- Text “Detroit” to 73224 to ask for resources based on your address
- Financial support is available from Wayne Metro for utilities, income, emergency plumbing repair, food, income, and funeral support. Call 313-388-9799
- Learn about the current status of our state’s Stay Home Order here.
- Coronavirus testing is available in Detroit and Hamtramck
- Detroit- Coronavirus Community Care Drive-Thru 313-230-0505
- Hamtramck- Wayne County Healthy Communities- 313-871-1926
- If you do not have water service due to an account issue, call DWSD (313-267-8000) right away and ask about the Covid-19 Water Restart Plan.
- If you cannot have water service due to a plumbing issue, apply for Wayne Metro‘s Emergency Water Plumbing service
- If you need water delivery, contact We The People of Detroit (844-429-2837) https://www.wethepeopleofdetroit.com/get-help
- Contact Gleaners 866-GLEANER (453-2637), or visit this page for resources specific to families with children, seniors, and others.
- There is a moratorium on evictions in the 36th District Court through June 12. If you need eviction prevention assistance, contact UCHC’s eviction hotline: 313-355-3352
- No tax foreclosures will occur in Wayne County for the year 2020. Taxes are still due and can be made payable to the Wayne County Treasurer. Contact UCHC’s foreclosure hotline: 313-405-7726
- If you need help making rent, land contract, or mortgage payments, call Wayne Metro 313-388-9799
- If you want to find out if your mortgage qualifies for forbearance under the Cares Act, call your bank or visit this site to learn more: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau